comScore Announces U.S. Launch of Media Metrix® Multi-Platform to Deliver Unified View of Desktop, Smartphone and …
RESTON, Va., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — comScore, Inc. (SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced the official U.S. launch of Media Metrix® Multi-Platform, the next generation of digital audience measurement and media planning. Building on Media Metrix®, Mobile Metrix® and Video Metrix® from comScore’s Audience Analytics suite, this first-of-its-kind product – originally released to clients in Beta with September 2012 data – offers unduplicated accounting of audience size and demographics that reflects today’s multi-platform digital media environment.
“We are excited to formally introduce Media Metrix Multi-Platform, a revolutionary development that combines comScore’s flagship products to accurately account for unduplicated audiences across the desktop, smartphone and tablet platforms,” said Jeff Hackett, executive vice president of comScore. “This unified view of digital audiences not only establishes a new measurement standard for the industry, but also has the potential to unlock insights that can deliver substantial, currently unrealized value to our publisher, advertiser and agency clients.”
To learn more about Media Metrix Multi-Platform, click here: www.comscore.com/multiplatform. Those interested in requesting a live product demonstration can click here:
Multi-Platform Reporting Drives Value for Marketers and Media Companies
Media Metrix Multi-Platform provides unduplicated audience reporting across the various media platforms, in addition to different content delivery vehicles, whether those are websites, videos or apps. The synthesis of these platforms and content assets delivers new value to the digital media ecosystem in the following ways:
- Facilitating Content Monetization – Publishers and media companies can now get credit for their entire unduplicated audiences across computers, smartphones and tablets – including the incremental audiences reached only via mobile platforms. Demonstrating the reach and value of these audiences to advertisers helps facilitate the monetization of mobile channels.
- Improving Content Marketing Strategies – Understanding demographic differences between audiences across channels can help publishers and media companies devise acquisition strategies and develop content that better engages their different audiences.
- Enhancing Media Planning Efficiency – Independent media platform reporting in addition to synthesized, unduplicated views of audiences enables media planners to optimize audience reach and frequency both within and across channels. The full palette of media platforms offers more options to maximize efficiency.
- Reaching High-Value or Difficult-to-Reach Demographics – Smartphones and tablets can be more efficient at reaching high-value demographic targets, such as younger males and upper-income audiences. The availability of multi-platform audience reporting provides data that supports more efficient ways of reaching these important demographic segments.
- Understanding Media Usage Trends – Publishers, media companies and marketers all need to understand how the consumer media mix is changing over time as a result of the continued adoption of mobile platforms. By illuminating the shifting dynamics, particularly within different segments of consumers, businesses can respond to their customers’ changing needs and better plan for the future.
The Top 50 Digital Media Property Ranking: A New View of the Digital World
Multi-platform audience measurement immediately changes the established view of the digital landscape, with media properties’ audience sizes increasing, in addition to changes occurring within content category rankings. The average property within the Top 100 increased its audience size by an average of 38 percent, and 19 of those properties had incremental mobile (i.e. smartphone and tablet) audiences that extended the reach of their desktop audiences by at least 50 percent. The properties with the greatest incremental percentage gains from mobile were Groupon (223 percent), Zynga (211 percent) and Pandora (183 percent).
*Note: Desktop includes audience reached via video and will therefore differ from standard Media Metrix rankings
**Mobile includes smartphone and tablet platforms
comScore Clients Support Multi-Platform Measurement
“Mobile and video are central to how we deliver content to our readers, so having an audience measurement platform that accounts for this was essential. We are excited that comScore’s Media Metrix Multi-Platform will now be providing that for us.”
– Dan Abrams, CEO, Abrams Media Network
“ESPN’s mission is to serve sports fans, anytime, anywhere, so it’s critically important that we are able to represent the audience of our entire digital footprint. Measuring user behavior across platforms provides us better insights to most effectively build products, serve content, market our offerings and develop innovative advertising solutions.”
– David Coletti, VP, Digital Media Research Analytics, ESPN
“With the growth of tablets and smartphones, media consumption has become fluid throughout the day. These numbers demonstrate how well Gannett has been able to leverage its digital focus to grow our consumer base through our mobile and tablet products. We applaud comScore for addressing the industry’s need for accurate multi-platform audience measurement.”
– Matt de Ganon, VP, Mobile Product and Operations, Gannett Digital
“Given the trends we’re experiencing in this new multi-screen world with more of our audience engagement with us across mobile devices, it’s critical to our future to capture this activity accurately. comScore is leading the industry in methodologies to realistically represent all the audience who’s coming to our sites across all these new devices.”
– John Denny, VP, Marketing, Advance Digital
“comScore’s new Multi-Platform service provides invaluable data to help navigate today’s tumultuous digital landscape. It is crucial to holistically quantify the unduplicated exposure and engagement of all our digital assets moving forward.”
– Michael Gratz, VP, Research Insights, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
“Consistent multi-channel reporting of audience reach and demographics is an important underpinning of cross-platform media planning. We look forward to leveraging Media Metrix Multi-Platform to improve side-by-side comparisons and gain a more holistic view of audiences that will help increase the efficiency and performance of our clients’ campaigns.”
– Brian Quinn, Chief Revenue Officer, Triad Retail Media
“With mobile representing such a large segment of our digital audience, we knew that traditional web-based audience measurement was not giving us credit for the significantly larger audience we’ve been delivering to our advertisers. By addressing that critical piece of the landscape, this product is bringing a more realistic view of the true digital media universe to the market.”
– Radha Subramanyam, EVP Insights, Research Analytics, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
comScore, Inc. (SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including, but not limited to, expectations regarding the impact and benefits to comScore from the Media Metrix family of products, financial or otherwise. These statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially, including, but not limited to: the features and characteristics of the products, the rate of development of the digital marketing intelligence, Internet advertising and e-Commerce markets; the growth of the Internet as a medium for commerce, content, advertising and communications; and the acceptance of new products and methodologies by the industry, including existing and prospective clients.
For a detailed discussion of these and other risk factors, please refer to comScore’s most recent respective Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Annual Reports on Form 10-K and from time to time other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), which are available on the SEC’s Web site (http://www.sec.gov).
Stockholders of comScore are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date such statements are made. comScore does not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements to reflect events, circumstances or new information after the date of this press release, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.