page contents



Print this Post

Popular Vegas tapas restaurant shut amid outbreak

LAS VEGAS (AP) – 1 of the most popular restaurants in Las Vegas is closed after more than three dozen patrons reported food poisoning symptoms.

Southern Nevada Health District officials say the Firefly restaurant on Paradise Road was shuttered Friday and remains closed while health officials try to determine the source of the outbreak.

Health district official Amy Irani said 39 people who visited the tapas restaurant last week reported symptoms, and 10 said they sought medical attention. Symptoms included diarrhea and vomiting.

Firefly is a block from the Strip and is 1 of Las Vegas’ most commonly reviewed and highest rated restaurants on the website Irani said Firefly had an “A” grade from the health department before the apparent outbreak.

A Firefly employee said the owner wasn’t immediately available for comment Monday.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


About the author

Mystic Maggie

All of the Mystic Maggie Posts are RSS Reader Feeds from around the web. All copyright remains with the original publisher. No copyright is claimed or intended. Where supplied, links back to the original article are included.

Permanent link to this article:


Powered by WordPress Lab
Powered by Yahoo! Answers