This Yelp Review of Carbone is Either a Prank or a Shill
Carbone, the most important Thompson Street Italian-American restaurant of early March 2013, has finally been reviewed on Yelp. Is the first review a shill? You be the judge:
Prepare for transport into the days of the Rat Pack at the latest from the owners of Torrisi and Parm … CARBONE — an overdue exploration of comfort Italian food in a place that delicately balances fur-clad models in stilettos, staff in Zac Posen-designed burgundy suits, art curated by Vito Schnabel, and beef carpaccio so beautifully prepared, you could spread it on the warm, perfect crunch-to-butter-ratio garlic bread.
Its a true testament to what dining looked like in the movies of the 60’s and early 70’s … when you dressed to dine, with friends in suit tie, over a table so full of wine glasses and food you can’t see the stains of red sauce on the tablecloth.
Plan in advance … bring the right crowd … make friends with the right people, and you can score the best seat in the house — the back brick room crescent table.
-Pasta alla Vodka
-Lobster Fra Diavolo
Comments ( extant)
↑ Back to top
← Previous: Week in Reviews
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013