Yelp serves up useful local reviews
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Whether you’re looking for a great place to eat this weekend or you’re a new local business owner, we all love the benefit of reading reviews from a website we trust.
Yelp is one of the most widely used and respected search and review services among consumers. Yelp’s Hilary Henning told us that people use it “to find places to eat, where to get a haircut, even beaches and parks.”
There’s no reason to feel skeptical to trust reviews, because Yelp takes that very seriously.
“The filter is there to protect the integrity of the site and businesses on there,” Henning said.
Henning brought up some local hotspots featured on Yelp, including:
- Craftland – Gift Art Shop
- Olneyville New York System Wieners – Rhode Islanders’ Go-To Place for Wieners
- Ravenous Brewery – New Local Brewery
To check out more, visit yelp.com .
Copyright WPRI 12
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013