Wunderlich Speculates on Possible Yahoo! Targets: Sees Yelp as Best …
Wunderilch’s Blake Harper is making some waves Monday morning, speculating on several possible takeover targets for Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO).
With CEO Marissa Mayer recently on the prowl, Harper believes Yelp (NASDAQ: YELP), Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA), OpenTable (NASDAQ: OPEN) and Millennial Media (NYSE: MM) could all be on the table as buyout candidates.
The analyst called a Yahoo! bid for Yelp the most likely scenario amid possible advertising synergies and a strong presence in the mobile segment.
Harper also mentioned Tumblr, Foursquare, Hulu, Flipboard and Jumptag as possible targets for Yahoo! and Mayer.
The Wunderlich analyst currently has a hold rating on OpenTable and a Hold rating on Yelp.
Shares of Yelp are down more than 1 percent Monday afternoon, shares of OpenTable are down 0.3 percent, and Zynga shares are rallying, up nearly 9 percent to around $3.89.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Posted in: Analyst Color, News, Rumors, Analyst Ratings, Movers
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013