Yelp reviewers are suing to get paid
– 1 day ago @ fastcompany.com: A group of hard-working Yelp reviewers think they deserve minimum wage (at least!) for all the free labor they have put into judging local establishments, and have filed a class action lawsuit against the review site. Reading through their reviews …
– 1 hour ago @ eater.com: According to the suit, Yelp has “devised a system of cult-like rewards and disciplines to motivate” writers in lieu of monetary compensation, including “trinkets, badges, titles, praise, social promotion, free liquor, free food, and free promotional …
– 3 hours ago @ finance.yahoo.com: In a class action lawsuit, Yelp reviewers demand wages, reimbursement of expenditures, and damages.
– 3 hours ago @ businessinsider.com: The suit argues that since Yelp’s business model and success is dependent on its over 42 million user-submitted reviews, the company technically employs those users and should fork over some cash (wages, reimbursement of expenditures, and damages).
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013