Yelp — 'The digital age's Yellow Pages,' — tries to remain revolutionary by …
By Emily Tian, Peninsula Press
Yelp Chief Operating Officer, Geoff Donaker, is well aware of the competitive landscape and global expansionary challenges for Yelp, Inc., the online review site.
Speaking Tuesday to a group of students as part of the 15th anniversary of the Asia-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society (ASES) Summit and Stanford Entrepreneurship Week, Donaker emphasized the scurry required to capture the opportunities that mark the shift from offline local advertising to online platforms.
“Print yellow pages is horrible for consumers, and the industry is ripe for disruption,” Donaker said during the hour-long session. “Digital replacing the yellow pages is a lucrative industry… There is lots of money to make and room to make a good consumer product.” Continue Reading
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013