3 Buzzing Social Media Stocks: Facebook Beats Estimates, Twitter's Flight Date …
Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB): Earnings per share of 25 cents trounced estimates by 6 cents, as revenue of $2.02 billion also beat, by $110 million. Mobile ad sales grew 34 percent over the second quarter, to $880 million, making up 49 percent of all ad sales. Total ad sales saw gains of 13 percent quarter over quarter and 66 percent year on year, to $1.8 billion. Ad sales accounted for 89 percent of total revenue. Facebook reported 1.19 billion monthly active users at the end of the third quarter, a 3 percent bump over the second quarter, and 18 percent over the same period last year.
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013