Yelp Reviewers Sue for 'Unpaid Wages'
– 1 day ago @ mnn.com: A group of Yelp reviewers has filed a class-action suit against the review website, claiming they are really “unpaid writers” and deserve to be paid for their reviews of restaurants and other businesses. Yelp, if you are unfamiliar with it, is a user …
– 3 days ago @ fastcompany.com: A group of hard-working Yelp reviewers think they deserve minimum wage (at least!) for all the free labor they have put into judging local establishments, and have filed a class action lawsuit against the review site. Reading through their reviews …
– 1 day ago @ finance.yahoo.com: In a class action lawsuit, Yelp reviewers demand wages, reimbursement of expenditures, and damages.
– 1 day ago @ businessinsider.com: The suit argues that since Yelp’s business model and success is dependent on its over 42 million user-submitted reviews, the company technically employs those users and should fork over some cash (wages, reimbursement of expenditures, and damages).
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013