Yelp Hits A Big Milestone: 100 Million Users In January (YELP)
In Yelp’s fourth-quarter earnings call, CEO Jeremy Stoppelman dropped a lot of numbers on the progress of the local-reviews site. But here’s a big one: Yelp recorded 100 million monthly unique visitors in January.
Yelp still has to show it can be profitable—a hurdle it didn’t clear in the fourth quarter, although its loss narrowed.
Some other numbers Stoppelman and CFO Rob Krolik mentioned:
- Reviews grew 45 percent in 2012
- Mobile devices with Yelp app installed grew 60 percent
- 26 new Yelp markets
- “Claimed” businesses grew to 1 million
- Active business accounts grew to 68,000
Latest posts by Mystic Maggie (see all)
- Yelp Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results – PR - November 3, 2013
- Yelp Earnings Released, Revenue Up 68% - November 3, 2013
- Yelp vs. Angie's List: A lesson for social media investors - November 1, 2013
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: VRTX GTLS YELP AVD Q GRPN (Update 1) - November 1, 2013
- Yelp Lawsuit Seeks Wages for Yelpers - November 1, 2013